Comments from people who have heard the talk
Return to "Skylab Talk"
- I enjoyed it enormously, it was just the right combination of science, insight into everyday life on Skylab and fun – and there have been some very complimentary comments from members of the audience, one of whom says she was ‘blown away’!
- A fascinating talk with a lots for everyone.
- It is a big job to prepare an hour's talk and a privilege to attend one that has been so well prepared.
- A fascinating insight into some of NASA's activities.
- I found Mike's presentation style powerful, clear, with nice touches of occasional humour and excellent visual aids.
- I think just the subject was enough to gain interest & then coupled with Mike's personal experiences it was first rate.
- First rate.
- Absolutely superb.
- Mike gave a very interesting talk delivered by a highly competent speaker. The photographs were beautiful and we were very privileged to hear this account of a major project in which he was involved.
- What an excellent talk: interesting, informal and delivered with great humour. Wonderful anecdotes and photos.
- Fascinating. This had everything - an out-of-this-world subject, human interest, good illustrations, a once-in-a-lifetime experience, even food - all presented with an urbane modesty.
- Thanks for your excellent talk. The Group were obviously keenly interested in what you had to say and very complementary about your well honed presentation.
- All of the members I talked to agreed it was pitched at the right level, had great content, and all enjoyed it immensely.
- Just a short note to express the gratitude of us all for your fascinating talk; like all good presentations you left the stage with everybody wanting more. A truly super talk - you certainly lived up to your sky high reputation as a brilliant speaker!
- Your talk was eagerly anticipated by all members and then far exceeded all our expectations! The technology, creativeness and research involved in all aspects of the Skylab is mind-blowing - but the most talked about part of the presentation was, as you will know from previous experience no doubt, the sanitary arrangements! Well, we are British after all!!
- I am writing to say how much your lecture was enjoyed today. It contained all the right ingredients, your delivery was excellent and you held the audience's interest from beginning to end. I thought it was terrific.
- ...our group thoroughly enjoyed the evening and especially the anecdotes which made your whole presentation come alive!
- We haven't had such positive feeddback before! I just wish I'd had a physics teacher like you - I might have been more enthused by the subject!
- Everyone really enjoyed it including the ladies, I can honestly say it was the best talk and speaker I have heard.
- Your talk was both interesting and informative and delivered with enthusiasm and humour. It was great.
- Thank you so much for the superb talk. As you must be aware your audience was in awe. But everyone felt they were there with you and it was delightful when you walked down among them to address their many questions. Even people who may have the most limited background knowledge felt they could ask you whatever had occurred to them during the talk. It would have been quite life-changing to meet you in this way. As communication a total triumph.
Anyway, being such an excellent communicator you know all this. You brought alive for us those thrilling years you spent at NASA. And we all learned a lot more about the details of life in space.